There are several ways to access a shared mailbox you may share with others:
Outlook Desktop Application on Windows - It will just appear on the left side as a new mailbox within 24 hours of you being added as a member or delegate. However, this does not currently work with the "New Outlook" so we recommend that you do not use it at this time if you are using shared mailboxes.
Outlook Desktop Application on macOS - You have to add it using these steps (DOES NOT WORK with the "New Outlook"):
- In Outlook, click the Tools menu and then click Accounts...
- Click Advanced...
- In the next window, go to Delegates and click the + button under Open these additional mailboxes.
- Search by Name of the mailbox you wish to add to Outlook, select it, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
- Close the Accounts window.
- The shared mailbox will now automatically display in your in Outlook.
Outlook Web App on any browser - Follow these steps to add it to the left menu.
Sign in to your account in at https://login.microsoftonline.com.
Go to Outlook and right-click Folders in the left navigation pane, and then choose Add shared folder.
In the Add shared folder dialog box, type the name or email address of someone who has shared a mailbox with you, and then click Add. Or, type the name of the shared mailbox you are a member of, ex. email@example.com.
Outlook App on iPad - Follow these steps to add it:
- Tap on the 'home' icon at the top left.
- Tap on the envelope icon with the + sign on the left side.
- Tap Add Shared Mailbox.
- If prompted tap on your email account on the next screen.
- Type the name of the shared mailbox you are a member of, ex. firstname.lastname@example.org and then tap Add Shared Mailbox.
If you are unable to access a shared mailbox using the methods above please contact the "owner" of the mailbox to ensure you are authorized to access it. They will send us an email if you need to be added as a member of that shared mailbox.
Please contact us if you have any questions or issues with the above instructions.