If the SMA iPad is broken or damaged (screen cracked, housing dented/bent, liquid, etc.) follow instructions below.
- DO NOT bring to Apple/Mac store for repair or replacement. The agreement between Apple and St. Mary's Academy requires that iPads be repaired/replaced by our Tech Help staff. No exceptions.
- DO NOT take it to a third party for repair as it will negate the AppleCare warranty and require full replacement cost for unit.
- Click the following link if a student is leaving SMA: Leaving SMA? – Tech Help @ St. Mary's Academy (zendesk.com)
- AppleCare+ repair cost to family: $50
- For up to two instances of incidental damage to an iPad.
- iPad full replacement cost to family: $528 (maximum) or less depending on age of iPad.
- For third instance of incidental damage to an iPad.
- For extensive damage to the iPad that result in no serviceable parts (determined by Apple).
- For lost or stolen iPad.
- iPad replacement cost if the iPad is just not working properly (battery drains quicker than normal, will not charge, lines appear on screen, "glitchy", etc.): $0
- This includes the charger and cable if there are no visible signs of improper use. Click the following link for more information about charger/cable use: iPad Battery and Charging – SMA Tech Help Center (zendesk.com)
* If Apple determines that there are no serviceable parts on the iPad due to extensive damage, abuse, taking apart the unit or attempted repair by a third party the family may need to provide full replacement cost for the iPad.
Submit a request above or email Tech Help @ SMA staff for any questions or concerns.