Students that are not returning to SMA for the 2023-2024 school year must turn in their iPad, charger and cable after their last class to the Tech Office. More information can be found at this link: Leaving SMA? – SMA Tech Help Center (zendesk.com)
Students that are returning to SMA for the 2023-2024 school year will hold on to their iPads over the summer taking excellent care of them. :)
The same rules apply for summer as they do during the school year. Three important reminders:
- If the iPad is damaged click on this link: iPad Damaged? – Tech Help @ St. Mary's Academy (zendesk.com)
- If the iPad is lost or stolen click on this link: Lost or Stolen iPad – Tech Help @ St. Mary's Academy (zendesk.com)
- Keep the iPad updated throughout the summer: Updating iPadOS – SMA Tech Help Center (zendesk.com)
- What if you are not sure that you are returning to SMA? If your family did not pay the enrollment fee, then you will turn in your iPad (with charger and cable) to the Tech Office where they will hold on to it until a decision has been made. If your family paid the enrollment fee, you can hold on to the SMA iPad until a final decision is reached. Please notify Tech Help, Admissions and the Registrar immediately when a decision has been made.
- Can streaming services and social media be unblocked over the summer? No.
- Can a student turn in their iPad, charger and cable for safe storage even if they plan to return next school year? Yes. Just make sure you let Tech Help know to set it aside for when you return.
- Can students that are not returning next school year purchase their SMA iPad? No.
- Can students hold on to their iPad if they are taking summer classes but not returning for the 2023-2024 school year? No. You will have to utilize a personal device for the summer class.
If you have any questions please email Tech Help or Submit a request above.